Avoid Delays! Make Your FOIA Demand Online
Through the nationwide response that is COVID-19 our ability to process paper FOIA requests and deliver records by mail will likely to be significantly paid down.
Use our online FOIA system to demand:
- Your immigration that is own record
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record, or
- Non-A-File information such as for example policies, information, or communications.
We shall upload our reaction to your demand in your USCIS on line account and notify you.
Ensure you get your reaction faster, keep our workforce safe, and minimize the spread of COVID-19 by simply making your FOIA request on line.
Records You Can Easily Request from USCIS
Underneath the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), you’ll request:
- Your immigration record;
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record; or
- Non-A-File information such as for example USCIS policies, information, or communications.
To Get Your Records as Efficiently as you can
- Look at the USCIS Electronic studying area to verify we now have perhaps perhaps not already posted the records you want.
- Make the right agency to your request by reviewing the sections below. We don’t have all immigration documents.
- Request just the documents you want, once we can get back exact demands faster.
Demand records online to immediately:
- Ensure you get your demand lined up for processing;
- Understand we received your demand; and
- Be notified as soon as we plan your demand.
On the web records are really easy to:
- Access from the phone, tablet, or computer;
- Forward to a different individual; and
- Print and download.
Current average FOIA request times that are processing
The status of the FOIA documents request
Go to the Check Request Status web web page, scroll down, and enter your FOIA control quantity
Documents which are a lot more than a century old
Details about our FOIA process or procedure
Documents with respect to person in Congress
Immigration records by techniques apart from our online system
Requesting documents by e-mail, fax, or mail will postpone our reaction to you. Use our online FOIA system to get documents in a quicker, more convenient online format.
If you want to request documents by mail, you ought to:
- Complete and sign Form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request (PDF, 384.25 KB) after reading its directions (PDF, 241.33 KB)
- Draft a request for documents which contains your full name, mailing target, date of delivery, host to delivery, and a signature that is notarized, or one that’s finalized under penalty of perjury.
Then deliver your demand to USCIS by:
- Fax at 816-350-5785;
- Mail at: Nationwide Records Center (NRC) FOIA/PA Workplace P.O. Box 648010 Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-8010
Making your demand by some of these practices will need which you:
Available records under part 508 for the Rehabilitation Act
- Topic line “FOIA Disability Rooms”
- Your title
- An unknown number where you could be reached
- Your FOIA Control Quantity
We shall contact you to definitely help.
The more accurate you will be making your demand, the greater amount of effectively the records can be returned by us you want.
You should check the status of an current FOIA demand regarding the Check reputation of FOIA Request web web web page.
Particular papers from an immigration file (A-File)
Simple demand, so it’s expected to go quickly.
Specialized request, therefore our review will probably have a significant period of time.
In the event that you request вЂњthe application and all sorts of supporting documents,вЂќ our review will demand more hours than an ask for a document that is specific.
An A-File as quickly as possible, since you have actually a planned hearing having an immigration judge.
Priority demand, however you must consist of a duplicate of just one associated with the after types, released because of the Department of Homeland protection or Department of Justice, along with your demand:
Should you want to dispute a USCIS FOIA request, please go to the internet site regarding the working office of Government Ideas Services (OGIS). OGIS provides mediation between FOIA requestors and federal agencies.
USCIS doesn’t have all immigration documents, therefore make sure to create your demand into the right agency.
Importer Trade Activity (ITRAC)
Applications from U.S. residents for U.S. passports
Visa needs from noncitizens to go into the U.S.
You may if you have questions about your pending FOIA/PA request:
- Phone the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY: 800-767-1833);
- Fax questions into the nationwide Records Center at 802-860-6908 or 816-350-5785; or
- E-mail your questions .
The nationwide Records Center can only just respond to questions about FOIA/PA needs. We can not assistance with pending applications, petitions, or other types of immigration matter.